Tomorrow is a day of gatherings. A day full of friends, family, and food. You don’t need anything more than 2 trays of this Deluxe Black Bean Loaded Nachos.
Okay, you caught me. Football isn’t really my thing. Although my husband’s been teaching me how to understand the game little by little, I’m convinced that my favorite part will always be the amazing food that goes along with game day. The top of my list? Nachos.
So: this Sunday the Superbowl will be on the big screen here in our Little Rock home, but I’ll be fixated on this TRAYFUL of fabulous, loaded, delicious nachos. Since it’ll just be the two of us this year, that’s all the food we need (and then some).
Nachos (if they’re done right), are a feast for the stomach and the eyes. I mean: look at the color. I go all out getting the freshest of everything: tomatoes, olives, onions, pickled jalapenos. My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it. The black beans and shredded chicken make it hearty and full of protein – hence the lack of other food on our table this year. These nachos are a full meal.
Cheese is a big part of the whole nacho experience, and I pick my cheeses really carefully, and grate it myself to get the right melty consistency. I love using a blend of Sharp cheddar, Dill Havarti, and Monterey Jack. But to save on time, buy pre-shredded cheese.
P.S. I know the Superbowl is a big deal, but is anyone else SO excited about the This is Us episode after the Superbowl this Sunday? I know I’ll never look at a Crockpot the same…
If you’re making these nachos and love them, don’t forget to tag R&M Cooks on Instagram and use our hashtag: #randmcooks.
Just in time for Superbowl Sunday, enjoy this tray of loaded black bean and chicken nachos that can be made in just 30 minutes.
- 1 bag of corn chips
- 2 1/2 cups of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (pre-shredded, or you can pick your favorite cheeses and shred)
- 2 tomatoes, diced with the pulp removed
- 1/2 of a small red onion
- juice of 1 small lime
- 1/4 cup of jalapenos
- handful of small black olives
- cilantro, to garnish
- Spray a medium sized cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Layer half a bag of corn chips in one layer on the sheet. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together black beans, cooked and shredded chicken, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1/3 of the beans over the chips.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the top of the beans and chips. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the red onions over the tray. Drizzle olive oil over the tray. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze the juice of half a lime over the tray.
- Sprinkle another 1/2 cup of cheese over the top of the tray.
- Layer the rest of the chips on top. Add the rest of the black bean mixture, another 1/4 cup of red onions, a few slices of jalapenos, and 1/4 cup of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of cheese over the tray and place back in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove the tray and add tomatoes, remainder of onion, olives, jalapenos, and an extra squeeze of lime and a garnish of cilantro.
- Serve hot.