Just in time for Spring, here’s a delicate and delicious sweet strawberry tart recipe that you’ll want to favorite.
In late April, Arkansas Strawberries are deliciously sweet and ripe for the picking. This inspired a Spring tart that’s sweet and subtle, just sweet enough to satisfy your dessert craving – but not enough that you’ll feel guilty about having a slice with your morning coffee. (Any other dessert-for-breakfast fans, here?)
This recipe is a twist on Jessica Merchant’s phenomenal cookbook recipe which opts for an almond flour crust. Her blog , How Sweet Eats, is a source of incredible recipes that never disappoint!
A quick note here about the kitchen equipment you need to make this tart. A removable bottom tart pan will save you so much grief when you try to serve this tart. Here’s the one I use, but this tart can be made with a rectangular tart pan or mini circular tart pans, too.
I’ve made tons of variations on this tart. The mascarpone base is the true gem in this recipe, and you can top it with just about any fresh, unglazed fruit. I’ve tried: blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, but my second favorite (the first being strawberries) is fresh sliced peaches!
Happy Desserting, folks! Remembert to tag @gannskitchen on Instagram if you make this recipe and love it!Print
Strawberry Mascarpone Spring Tart
Grab your tart pans and fresh strawberries. It’s time to whip up a Spring dessert classic; Strawberry Mascarpone Tart. It’s light, fresh, and absolutely delicious.
- Prep Time: 15 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 slices 1x
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz. mascarpone cheese, whipped at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 carton of fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your tart pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together. Pour in the melted butter and mix with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared tart pan firmly. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baked crust and cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the filling until smooth.
- Spread filling onto the baked, cooled crust.
- Top with sliced strawberries in overlapped rings until the entire tart has been covered.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Keywords: tart, mascarpone, strawberries, dessert, sweet, sweets, spring tart, graham cracker, graham cracker crust, mascarpone tart, strawberry mascarpone tart