A few nights ago, four giggling friends stayed up into the wee hours laughing and talking, watching old movies, and gossiping. This yielded some hungry, hungry ladies in the morning! Luckily, I was prepared with my Blueberry Buttermilk pancakes; a classic breakfast packed with as many blueberries as a person can handle! Am I a nice host, or what?! These pancakes are for those of us who can still enjoy dairy and gluten (sorry, dear sister!).
I’ll be the first to admit that every single pancake I’ve ever made has been slightly deformed. But that’s okay, these pancakes had character and were made with love for some of my oldest friends (and my mom)! Although I didn’t indulge in one myself, they informed me that these pancakes were awesome! Totally worth a try on a weekend, right?
The berries exploded into the pancake oh-so-scrumptiously. Totally worth the mess I made in the kitchen! I should warn you, it’s really hard to eat only one. I should have won an award for abstaining altogether!
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Fluffy pancakes loaded with blueberries that burst with flavour!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon (for pan) coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 cup frozen blueberries + blueberries for topping
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and powdered sugar in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, beat an egg until it starts frothing (beat at least 2-3 minutes), add honey, vanilla, buttermilk, and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually and stir with a spatula to combine. Add in frozen blueberries
- Heat a small pan or griddle with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and pour ¼ of batter into the pan and shape with a spatula
- Flip pancake when it bubbles on the top, cook through (whole process takes about 2-5 minutes depending on the size of the pancake
- Top with some extra blueberries and powdered sugar
- Serving Size: 4
HELPFUL TO HAVE
This post contains affiliate links, purchasing via these links supports R&M. I only recommend products that I love!